It doesn’t have to be expensive, though. There are cheap, yet creative bathroom makeover ideas you can consider. You’ll be amazed at how simple it was to transform your bathroom into the room of your dreams.
8 On-a-Budget DIY Bathroom Makeover TipsHere are eight DIY tips to transform your bathroom into a room filled with tranquility, without breaking the bank:
1. Identify Bathroom Eyesore SpotsIf you have places in your bathroom you don’t like, begin your makeover from there. Start focusing your makeover on outdated and ugly areas of your bathroom, and expand out as you go.
2. Avoid Robe HooksYou don’t have to rely on robe hooks alone to hang your robes. Instead, buy attractive and affordable towel bars for hanging things. There are many designs and colors to choose from. Mix it up a bit for originality and flair.
3. Use Your Photography SkillsThis is one of the cheapest DIY bathroom makeover ideas. If you find your bathroom walls blank and boring, use your camera to take numerous pictures of landscapes, flowers, views and items you find exciting.
Print out these photos. Buy cheap, nice looking frames and put them on your bathroom walls. You’ll be amazed how nice your bathroom will look, with such added personal touches.
4. Cover Your Bathroom WallsAfter long periods of time, the walls and surfaces of bathrooms tend to start peeling. If you can’t afford to upgrade, buy decorative and/or colorful rugs and cover the entire damaged section of the wall with them.
It’s wise to purchase rugs that match well with your bathroom floor to avoid having an ugly color contrast. Use rugs that blend in perfectly. Your bathroom will look amazing, and no one will ever know about those unsightly flaws.
5. Change Bathroom MirrorsYou might not be aware, but mirrors transform the look and feel of a bathroom. If you have an old and worn-out bathroom mirror, replace it with one that has an appealing and creative design. Be sure it reflects what you’d like to see each and every day.
6. Change Your Shower CurtainsShower curtains have an immense impact on the appearance of your bathroom. Instead of spending a lot of money on designer shower curtains, select your own fabric design and get a local seamstress to sew the curtains, or you can do it yourself. It’ll only take a little hemming. Just be sure to have plastic, water-resistant shower curtain on the inside if you choose a water-absorbing fabric.
7. Resurface Your Bathroom CountertopsAre you tired of your old and worn-out bathroom countertops? Are you looking for affordable ideas to spruce them up simply because you don’t have sufficient funds to replace them? You can resurface the countertop for a much cheaper route to “new” bathroom counters. Get a fabricator to take the measurements of the countertops in your bathroom. Then, buy an affordable replacement that will perfectly fit over the old surface for a more affordable solution.
8. Add Bathroom ArtworkArtwork does a lot of magic in the bathroom. Fortunately, there are a broad range of bathroom artwork designs that you can find for as little as $10. Choose your artwork and have it framed, so it doesn’t come into contact with water. If you’re redoing a kid’s bathroom, go for attractive kid’s artwork for the best results. To save money, don’t buy artwork, instead get creative and create your own.
San Antonio Replacement Tubs and ShowersWhen you’re ready for a full bathroom remodel in your San Antonio, Texas home, you’ll need to replace that old tub and shower. Instead of glazing your tub over and over again, why not invest in an affordable replacement tub? They come in various colors and styles, just like replacement shower bases from Genie Bath Systems.
Here at Genie Bath Systems of San Antonio, we customize bathrooms through custom bath systems, shower systems, and accessibility features. Give us a call at (210) 504-2950 or click here for more information on making your bathroom dreams come true.
Subscribe to Genie Bath Systems's Blog