One of the most cost-efficient ways to increase your home’s value is by remodeling your bathroom. Plus, you’ll appreciate your home more, which improves your quality of life.
However, for many homeowners, bathroom remodels can be intimidating. The best way to make the project run smoothly is to plan, plan and plan some more. It will take some hard work and flexibility to complete the project. But, it’ll all be worth it in the end.
5 Tips to Make Your Bathroom Remodeling Project Run SmoothlyUse the five tips and tricks to help you plan your bathroom remodel from start to finish:
1. Make a List of Bathroom Remodel TasksWill you be installing a new sink, cabinets, lighting, tiling, bathroom fixtures? Will you be moving a wall or installing a walk-in shower or new toilet? List all of these things on your bath remodel task list. That way, if demolition is needed, you've prepared ahead of time. This also helps eliminate the risk of last minute surprises while allowing you to come up with the budget you’ll need to complete the project.
2. Find Inspiration for Your Bathroom Remodeling ProjectSome fascinating inspiration for your new and improved bathroom can be found online. Both Pinterest and Instagram are filled with bathroom design ideas. Get inspired by pictures of subway tile, different grout colors, wall and floor trends, vanity lights, bathroom fixtures and walk-in tubs. Using Pinterest makes it easier to add your favorite pins to boards for easy access to your inspiring pins later.
3. Be Sure to Remember the Little ThingsWhen remodeling a bathroom, there are numerous little “things” that add those needed, special touches. These cannot be forgotten. Some of them include wall outlets, light fixtures, mirrors, light switches, towel bars, etc…
Do you want two-light or three-light wall sconces? Will you be installing new bathroom cabinets or a walk-in bathtub? You must decide where you want all of these items and the type of hardware you’ll need to install them.
4. Choose Your Bathroom Fixtures and TileTake a trip to your local San Antonio home improvement store, such as Home Depot or Lowes. Research various styles and colors in person. You can also find inspirations for bathroom tile and fixtures on Instagram, although we highly recommend Pinterest. We also suggest taking pictures of design ideas using your phone so you can reference them later.
5. Upgrade Your Bath SystemGenie Bath Systems will install a new customized tub your San Antonio home to help increase your bathroom’s value. Our bath systems include: Contact Genie Bath Systems for a free in-home consultation today.
Subscribe to Genie Bath Systems's Blog